Blue Ridge Mountains Travel Guide has ranked the 10 Best Things to do in Summerville, Ga.
Summerville is located 24 miles north of Rome, just 10 miles east of the Alabama border, the town has a population of around 4,200 people, which marks a 17% decline over the last 30 years.
It doesn’t have the name recognition of bustling tourist hotspots like Helen or Blue Ridge GA, the bounty of outdoor attractions you’ll find in and around Clayton, or the rich history of a town like Dahlonega GA.
There aren’t even any 4-star hotels in Summerville, but Blue Ridge Mountains Travel Guide says there is plenty to do in Summerville.
Best Things To Do in Summerville GA Guide
- Explore the Howard Finster Paradise Garden
- Wander Around Downtown Summerville’s Commerce St
- See the Historic Summerville Train Depot & Train Turntable
- Visit the Historic Couey House
- Go For a Walk in J.R. “Dick” Dowdy Park
- Have a Picnic at Willow Springs Park
- Hike the Marble Mine Trail in James H Floyd State Park
- View the Folk Art Collection at Folk America
- Cast a Line at the Rocky Mountain Public Recreation & Fishing Area
- Spend a Day at Cloudland Canyon State Park